Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
2009 Dodge Journey

2320 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: 2016-10-14 18:31:01

•   Level 6   
    (457) points
    Jim
    2016-09-29 23:47:24

The vehicle  is gone now but need to know  if any body has scanned the tipm module

tech support says they support it as verified by engineers?

On a full system scan I do not see TIPM on the list, only gate way module

This vehicle cranks for half a second, like you tapping the ignition switch, does it on three attempts then starts on fourth attempt ie: fully cranks and starts ,no codes,recent WIN and fob program at dealer,bat and connection good,recent starter

Is the Gateway the TIPM or should the tipm be listed separately

If any body has a Journey in to see

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-10-11 08:16:50 (Reply to:Jim)

The TIPM system is intergrated in WCM system.

•   Level 6   
    (457) points
    Jim
    2016-10-12 23:56:55 (Reply to:Support02)

The Totally Integrated Power Module and the Gateway module I understand are one unit under the hood

The Wireless Control Module or Wireless Ignition Node are in the dash

When I did a full system scan there was no TIPM listed only the Gateway module

Should the TIPM be listed separately  in the full scan of all modules

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-10-13 03:40:32 (Reply to:Jim)

The TIPM might also be called Front Control Module according to some of the code explanations  for TIPM in Mitchell

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2016-10-13 18:42:41 (Reply to:Jim)

yes tipm is all in one, gateway and fcm together. support got it confused with tpms, which in fact is in the win node or wcm . win module/node like you said in on the dash, totally different module/node. in the event that the tipm is replaced, vehicle config restored must be performed,  . there is a big chance your car issue is in tipm, starter relay is built in.  many times the maxisys list it as gateway but it should be called what it is TIPM but I guess is no big deal as long as it sees it.

•   Level 6   
    (457) points
    Jim
    2016-10-14 01:17:38 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

vehicle config restored must be performed

can the 908 do this or is this a online reprogram

unfortunately  the car never acted up for me,no codes

and no starter relay bi-directional test that I could find

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2016-10-14 18:31:01 (Reply to:Jim)

no I don't think the maxisys can do this function, its an online programming with the witech but on 2010 and up can also be done with a passthru online and a paid sub. the vehicle will crank and start even if the configuration is not done in most cases, abs light will remain on alone with traction control lights  and maybe others until the vehicle configuration is completed, . now in case of a pcm or win node replacement then the configuration is a must  or a secret key error transfer may occur and disable crank or start.  you could also get a used tipm/gateway, install it on the vehicle, leave key on for an hour, then cycle the key. go to abs/misc fuctions or special functions and click on initialize abs, follow all prompts, that will take care of all those flashing lights on the dash. make sure to get the exact tipm for the same year model etc. now there maybe certain variants from one vehicle to the next like fog lamps,gps etc,go to tipm/gateway/ misc fuctions or special fuctions and edit anything you like or need to.  now keep in mind that replacing control modules on a vehicle with an intermittent issues is not advice, in most cases they don't fix the vehicle. it could very well be or have been  something else like bad connections anywhere on the vehicle or bad grounds in many cases. I think I pretty much describe any scenario you may encounter with this vehicle. hope it helps you and others in some way, good luck.
  Total1 Pages